Wednesday, February 18, 2015

About Me

Good evening my fellow performing arts fanatics.I thought that I should give you a little bit more information about who I am, why I'm writing this blog, and why you outta read it. 

So first of all, Hello! My name is Drew Tobin, I am from Cleveland, Ohio, and I am currently a sophomore Electronic Media major at the University of Cincinnati. Ever since the 6th grade I have been playing the alto saxophone and music has been one of my greatest loves and inspirations in life. I was a member of my beloved high school marching band, the Fighting Cardinal Marching Band of Mentor High School, for 4 years and am currently a member of the Bearcat Marching Band here at UC.  I am also a brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity (the country's eldest music fraternity), which has truly cultivated and nurtured my love and appreciation for all music. I suppose that you could call me obsessed.

But that's enough about me, let's get back to this blog. Now despite only playing my woodwind instrument, I am still intrigued and entranced by Drum Corps International. It wasn't until recently that my interests had expanded to now include Winter Guard International as well. The original purpose for this blog is for my Writing for Media class but wish to expand upon this greatly. I specifically chose to write about DCI and WGI because even though there are many things I could also passionately blog about, this is something that I feel that I can learn from. I'll admit, I don't know all things about DCI or WGI, but this outlet will grant me the opportunity to expand my knowledge and appreciation for both DCI and WGI even more. 

For those of you who are avid fans of DCI and WGI like myself, I honestly believe that you all ought to read and follow my blog because I think I can offer you content and information that you would not otherwise find elsewhere. For instance, many of my friends and fraternity brothers are in fact involved with DCI and WGI, so I can provide you all with exclusive interviews! I would also genuinely appreciate feedback from fellow fans of the competitive performing arts. For those of you new to or unfamiliar with DCI and WGI, I think you'd enjoy this blog because I am here to present you with a new medium of music and art. I'm sure you'll find great amusement and entertainment in learning more about it and watching shows as their artwork unfolds. That is all, I look forward to start posting the latest DCI and WGI info and for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment